Not to be confused with Story Mode in Learn 2 Fly.
Story Mode is the first game new players will play (unless they use the easter egg to unlock Classic Mode, Payload Mode and Sandbox Mode). Story Mode at first is a race to the moon at an altitude of 200k, but after the player finishes their first games, they will obtain card packs, accumulate bonus shop levels, and ultimately reach the late game and stop playing in 200k difficulty and play in higher difficulty levels, being 500k, 1M and 4M (M standing for millions in altitude). Eventually, to have fully beaten Learn to Fly 3, they will be required to complete each game faster and faster to obtain the medals and get the Completionist medal.
- 1: Beat Story Mode on 200k difficulty
- 2: Beat Story Mode on 500k difficulty
- 3: Beat Story Mode on 1M difficulty
- 4: Beat Story Mode on 4M difficulty
- 1: Beat Story Mode on 200k difficulty in under 11 days
- 2: Beat Story Mode on 4M difficulty in under 29 days
- 1: Beat Story Mode on 200k difficulty in under 7 days
- 2: Beat Story Mode on 4M difficulty in under 14 days